Simple changes can make a big impact
From our inception Facilitation & Process has been committed to environmentally and socially responsible practices in all areas of our business. We’re proud to say that we’ve doing our part to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, reduce consumption and waste going into the landfill, and we donate to causes that matter. Here are some the steps we’re taking on a daily basis to reduce our environmental impact.
- Use erasable boards and electronic media to reduce paper use
- Buy office paper with a minimum of 30% post-consumer content
- Invest in refurbished equipment and recycle old equipment when past usable life
- Printing on both sides of the paper and reduce color ink usage
- Use only compact florescent light bulbs and rechargeable batteries
- Purchase electricity and internet service from companies offering alternative energy sources
- Employ conservation principles including turning off power strips and lowering thermostat
- Installed high-rated Energy Star appliances
- Use Trimet public transportation for approximately 70% of local meetings
- Participate in fuel efficient car sharing services
- Shop at locally owned companies and vendors when possible
- Contribute a portion of profits to nonprofits and charities
- Serve on the board and volunteer for numerous local organizations including, Social Venture Partners of Portland, Reading Results, The Community Music Center, PACS Food Pantry, and Resolutions Northwest.