In early 2016, Facilitation & Process, LLC launched Impact Grant Writing – a new consulting service offered to three nonprofit organizations in the Portland/Vancouver Metro Area. We will exclusively partner with three leading edge nonprofits, each representing a different focus area including: social or health services, youth development or education, arts , humanities, and culture, environment, food systems, animal welfare, civic engagement, or poverty alleviation.
Building on a 20-year career successfully designing, writing, and managing grants and nearly seven years of helping nonprofits create meaningful strategy, we have heard the need for grant capacity building in addition to grant writing services. We are adding a dedicated grant team, not just to be your external grant writer, but to be your partner in strategy, design. and capacity building. We will help you write grants and increase grant revenue as a means to an end — Our bigger goal is your goal. Impact.
The goal of our service area is to ultimately build your internal organizational capacity for a strong and sustainable grant strategy.
We offer a unique five stage model for building your capacity that includes:
- Strategy We help you think strategically about how and where grants can support your work.
- Design We help you assess, design & build a customized installation of GrantHub software, create templates, logic models, a grant strategy, calendar and other supporting infrastructure.
- Prospecting We help you build relationships with funders and use grants.gov, Grant Station, & the Foundation Center databases to identify and track potential grant sources.
- Writing We take the lead in writing timely, high quality, and consistent grant proposals.
- Capacity Building We work with your team to bring grant writing in-house by the end of the engagement.