- I would recommend Mark to anyone looking for assistance or guidance in developing a long term Strategic Plan and putting it to paper in a compelling way that allows for success through accountability and action.Maureen FisherExecutive Director, SOLV
- I highly recommend Mark as a strategic partner, leader and wise guide.Kelley Carmichael CaseyExecutive Director. SCRAP
- We were proud to have Mark working with our board and community members of influence. He helped our reputation as well. Mark is worth every penny.Aron CarlesonExecutive Director, Hillsboro Schools Foundation
Kind Words From Some Partner Clients
- Several years ago, we hired a facilitator to support our planning and it was a horrible experience. Our board was very shy about hiring a strategic planning consultant again but Mark completely calmed our nerves. Mark sincerely thinks before he speaks and will process information with great care. Mark worked through a board of 16 people and all their opinions very well. Everyone got their time share their concerns or ideas for the future without feeling rushed but still recognizing the time of all. Sometimes I would get frustrated that he was sitting while some issue kept getting into the weeds over and over and then magically he would wrap up and regurgitate their words and the subject would be finished to everyone’s satisfaction. It was impressive. We were proud to have Mark meeting with our board and community members of influence. He was worth every penny. And he helped our reputation as well. We finished our work with him a year ago and I can tell you very honestly that I think about that work every single day in my job. We have two documents with timelines and places where we know we need more support. We have increased our revenues and look at our events and activities with different lenses.Aron CarlesonExecutive Director, Hillsboro Schools Foundation
- I wholeheartedly recommend Mark Fulop. He led our Board Retreat with fantastic results. We would normally try to do our own facilitation, but it was becoming obvious we needed an outside perspective and expert facilitator. He followed through from prep-work to follow up with an excellent meeting in between. We plan on continuing to use his services. We would still be just talking about planning if we had not asked for Mark’s help.
Ann CraigExecutive Director, Jackson Street Youth Shelter, Inc.
- Mark worked closely with me to develop a process for our organization’s strategic planning, including an update of our mission and vision and the development of our core organizational values. He facilitated our staff and board retreats and distilled the information from those sessions for our use. The outcomes of our work with Mark continue to be enormously helpful in guiding our organization’s work and we have made great progress as an organization because of it (and continue to do so!).Karen GreenExecutive Director, Cat Adoption Team
- Mark worked with me, the SOLV staff and our Board of Directors over a five month period to develop one of the most “on target” and comprehensive strategic plans I’ve seen. Mark is a strong leader who knows when to ask the appropriate questions to guide the strategic planning process. He’s an active listener and truly hears what stakeholders have to say. He incorporates various ideas and thoughts into a well planned strategic document that clearly identifies needs, solutions, vision and benchmarks. I find Mark to be not only very capable, with a great background and experience level, but also to genuinely care about the work he does and the partnerships he enjoys with his clients. I would recommend Mark to anyone looking for assistance or guidance in developing a long term plan and putting it to paper in a compelling way that allows for success through accountability and activation.Maureen FischerExecutive Director, Solv
- Mark spent four months getting to know our organization and guiding us in the creation of a 5-year strategic plan. I can’t imagine the process could have gone better. From the very first meeting, it was clear that he was the right person to take on this critical step in our growth. He began by checking in with every employee and board member. He developed rapport and trust early in the process, carefully considering every person’s input. He deftly managed a productive retreat with all staff and board in attendance. He consulted with me consistently throughout the process. In the end, we have a beautifully-written, well-informed strategic plan that is powerful and actionable. Best of all, it reflects our values, goals and personality. He really “got” us as an unconventional arts/environmental nonprofit on a rapid growth trajectory. Mark led the strategic process from his deep reservoir of experience and knowledge. Combined with input from us on the inside of the organization, it resulted in greater self-knowledge, sharper assessment tools and keener direction. I highly recommend Mark as a strategic partner, leader and wise guide.Kelley Carmichael CaseyExecutive Director, SCRAP
- The thinking Mark has brought to the revenue side of our strategic planning efforts has served as a steady guide to our agency. It has focused our revenue development efforts in a way that has allowed us to rapidly grow, consistently end each year with a modest surplus, and systematically build our revenue generating capacity. We are fortunate to have his expertise close at hand.Jennifer SamuelsExecutive Director, Reading Results
- Mark’s strong leadership was the guiding force in helping this organization think strategically and act intentionally–and to take some risks! We developed a strong working relationship which helped create the space for moving the organization forward at just the right time. He knows nonprofit management backwards and forward and I would recommend to any organization that needs some expert facilitation in this regard to tap into Mark’s creativity and expertise–you will not be disappointed! –Betsy Coddington, RetiredFormer Executive Director, Resolutions Northwest